Corrachbeag is our Tourist Board four star rated cottage near the picturesque fishing port of Kinlochbervie, round the ‘corner’ from Durness. It is also the most north-westerly village in the UK. The cottage is located just outside the village, in a stunning location right on the edge of Loch Inchard allowing you to enjoy unparalleled panoramic views over the loch and inland towards the magnificent mountains of North Western Sutherland.
It is a traditional crofter’s cottage, with two bedrooms, one double and one twin, both with large windows to offer excellent views. On the ground floor are the kitchen/diner, lounge and family bathroom. Outside is ample parking, a large grassy area with a seating area and eventually a gated path that will lead down to the edge of the loch where you can find mussels, oysters and cockles at low tide, or just sit in the garden and watch the abundance of bird and animal life.
For a secluded getaway, in a stunning location the cottage is unrivalled. It lies down below the road so is not over looked and gives complete privacy for a quiet family holiday or perfect as a discreet location for just two. Although very secluded, it has a shop less than a quarter of a mile away and in nearby Kinlochbervie, there are shops, a petrol station, a restaurant and hotel.
Please note that the driveway is steep and not suitable for vehicles larger than a car.
- The cottage has the following amenities and prices include heating, electricity, all linen and towels, high chairs and cot.
- Antique oak kitchen with electric oven, ceramic hob, dishwasher
microwave, fridge freezer and washer dryer.
- Full electric central heating – double boosted each day
- Master bedroom with oak king-size bed and luxury pocket sprung mattress
- Twin bedded room with luxury pocket sprung mattresses
- Bathroom and WC downstairs with over bath shower
- Pine dining table in the kitchen/diner
- Two comfy sofas in sitting room
- Multi-fuel stove in sitting room
- Satellite TV with built-in CD/DVD player
- Free, Wi-Fi broadband
- All linen, pillows and duvet provided at no extra cost
- Children’s cot and high chair available free by request
- Books and games
- Large front garden with furniture with view over the loch
- Tourist Board 4 Star rating
- We are pet-friendly, subject to a returnable pet surcharge
- Guests have the convenience of private parking at the property.
The cottage is available for one nights stays at various times of the year, please see the calendar, or contact us direct by email or call 0173288232