Take the coast road east out of Durness and, about three miles along, you will discover perched on the clifftop the croft of Ceannabeinne. Rocky hills soar up behind the cottage and, in front, rugged cliffs plunge to a superb sandy bay far below. The location of Ceannabeinne is considered to be among the finest on the Scottish mainland.
Originally a croft cottage and barn, it’s been converted in harmony with its dramatic location to provide an unforgettable holiday setting.
Wake up to the sound of waves breaking on the shore below; stroll outside with your first cup of coffee and breathe in that refreshing sea air; then tuck into breakfast by the warmth of the Aga while you enjoy one of the best seascapes in Britain from your kitchen table.
In the evening, dine in style beneath open timber beams in the huge sitting room, then gather round a glowing fire and treat yourselves to a wee dram.
You can take a quick look around Ceannabeinne using this link to a video hosted on :
This cottage has the following and prices include all bed linen and towels:
- Stunning clifftop seascape location
- Handmade Oak kitchen with Caithness slate floor
- Welcoming double oven oil fired AGA
- Electric double oven, ceramic hob, microwave, Tassimo machine
- Dishwasher and fridge freezer
- Washing machine
- Full oil fired central heating
- Master bedroom with hand-made pine double bed with a luxury pocket sprung mattress
- Adjacent bathroom, bath, bath shower and WC
- One double traditional box bed and one single box bed in sitting room both with comfy mattresses (2 + 1)
- Magnificent sitting room with vaulted beamed ceiling
- Oak sitting room floor
- Featured original stone wall above wood burning stove
- Pine breakfast table in kitchen
- Pine dining table in sitting room
- Comfy three-piece suite
- Sky TV and Internet
- Children’s cot and high chair available free by request
- Books and games
- Surrounding natural grassed garden (not secure) and terrace seating
- We are pet-friendly, dogs are very welcome:subject to a returnable pet surcharge
- Guests have the convenience of private parking for three cars at the property
Please note: we do not include the cost of electricity and oil in the weekly hire charge of the cottage. We prefer to allow our guests to choose how much heating they wish to use and the subsequent costs (which are charged at cost price) are paid after your stay. An average cost is around £70 a week.