Craigmor, our four bedroom cottage, offers spacious accommodation featuring a king sized master bedroom, separate shower and bathrooms, laundry room, and large quarry tiled kitchen. With its ample car parking, Craigmor is the ideal base for the larger family or party and has become a favourite with groups of walkers, climbers and fishermen.
Craigmor and Cranstackie are a pair of stone built cottages dating back to 1880 situated within the quiet crofting village of Durness. Tastefully renovated by our own craftsmen, Craigmor and Cranstackie incorporate all the comforts of a high quality holiday home whilst retaining many original features.
The croft behind the cottages features rocky outcrops and is ideal for older children to scramble about on. Our friendly sheep do the grass cutting! Magnificent Sango Bay, which is ideal for children, with its expanse of pure white sand and delightful rock pools; the grocers, the gift shop and the pub are all within a short stroll. There is little traffic to worry about in Durness, so children of a suitable age can safely pop down to the sweet shop and to the beach. The garden is shared with Cranstackie.
At the end of the day, relax in the cosy, mellow atmosphere of antique pine and natural stone and enjoy the glowing comfort of a real fire. After dinner, take a walk along Balnakeil Bay and marvel at the cliffs of Faraid Head, or take a short stroll down to the local pub and watch the sun go down over Sango Bay.
The cottage has the following amenities:
- Pine kitchen with electric double oven, ceramic hob, dishwasher, microwave, fridge freezer
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Full electric central heating – double boosted each day
- Master bedroom with hand-made kingsize bed and comfy pocket sprung mattress
- Adjacent shower room and WC
- Two twin bedded upstairs bedrooms with comfy pocket sprung mattress
- Double bedroom downstairs with comfy pocket sprung mattress
- Bathroom and WC downstairs
- Pine breakfast table in the kitchen
- Pine dining table in sitting room
- Two eight feet long comfy sofas in sitting room
- Multi-fuel stove in sitting room
- Satellite TV, video, DVD, Hi-fi
- Free, fast BT Wi-Fi broadband
- All linen, pillows and duvet provided at no extra cost
- Children’s cot and high chair available free by request
- Books and games
- Large rear garden with furniture
- Stone barbecue
- We are pet-friendly, subject to a returnable pet surcharge
- Guests have the convenience of private parking at the property.
Please select the month you wish to book from the drop down selection boxes below.
The days that you can start your stay with us, are marked by a blue line at the top of the date box.
Once you have clicked the date box you require, a new page will open.
Follow the onscreen instructions and select the number of nights you wish to stay and on the following page, the number of people in your party if possible.
Continue to the next page, where your selections will be confirmed and you can complete your booking. If you have any problems please contact us.