Take the coast road east out of Durness and, about three miles along, you will discover perched on the clifftop the croft of Ceannabeinne. Rocky hills soar up behind the cottage and, in front, rugged cliffs plunge to a superb sandy bay far below. The location of Ceannabeinne is considered to be among the finest on the Scottish mainland.
Originally a croft and barn, Ceannabeinne has been converted in harmony with its dramatic location to provide an unforgettable holiday setting. Wake up to the sound of waves breaking on the shore below; stroll outside with your first cup of coffee and breathe in that refreshing sea air; then tuck into breakfast by the warmth of the Aga while you enjoy one of the best seascapes in Britain from your kitchen table.
In the evening, dine in style beneath open timber beams in the huge sitting room, then gather round a glowing fire and treat yourselves to a wee dram.
- This cottage has the following amenities and prices include linen and towels, cots and high chairs.
- Stunning clifftop seascape location
- Handmade oak kitchen with Caithness slate floor
- Welcoming double oven oil fired AGA
- Electric double oven, ceramic hob, microwave
- Dishwasher, fridge freezer
- Washing machine/ tumble dryer
- Full oil fired central heating
- Master bedroom with king size hand-made pine bed with a luxury pocket sprung mattress
- Adjacent bathroom, bath, bath shower and WC
- Twin divan beds in sitting room both with comfy pocket sprung mattresses
- All linen, pillows and duvet provided free of charge
- Magnificent sitting room with vaulted beamed ceiling
- Polished oak sitting room floor
- Featured original stone wall above wood burning stove
- Pine breakfast table in the kitchen
- Pine dining table in sitting room
- Comfy three-piece suite
- Multi-fuel stove in sitting room
- Satellite TV, video, CD, Hi-fi
- Children’s cot and high chair available free by request
- Books and games
- Surrounding natural grassed garden (not secure)
- Grassed front terrace
- We are pet-friendly, subject to a returnable pet surcharge
- Guests have the convenience of private parking at the property
- Oil for the AGA and heating is charge at cost price and averages £65 a week.